Xcode on Windows PC & Laptop, 2022 Free Download
I decided to present a way to download Xcode on Windows PC & Laptop. This way, you will be able to develop any iOS apps you want on a Windows computer. So let’s start with a brief description of this beneficial utility. Next, I will discuss the benefits of Xcode IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
What is Xcode?
Xcode is an official product of Apple Inc. This advantageous tool is officially designed to help those who want to develop iOS applications. If you are a Windows user and have developed Android apps, you may be familiar with an emulator called Android Studio. Yes, the Xcode IDE does the same job, but the only difference is that you can develop iOS compatible apps on it.
The good thing about this utility is that it covers all levels of iOS platform compatibility. That is, it can be used to develop apps that work on MacOS, Apple Tv, WatchOS, and iOS. Hence, there are no complications when creating elite apps. And this is the main reason why this utility is officially only available for Mac operating systems.
If you are using Xcode to develop iOS apps, you will get an interface that is hard to refuse. Because all sections and categories are available for the convenience of a developer. Various tools and a preview section are what helps you get the most out of this software. Moreover, it also contains a search function for those users who have difficulty in developing a dazzling app.
Download Xcode on Windows 11/10/8/7 (PC & Laptop)
There is no official method to download Xcode for Windows 11/10/8/7 operating systems. But you are allowed to use virtual machine services to complete the task. In this case, I will be using VirtualBox to help you create the iOS SDK on Windows operating systems. Pay attention below if you want to understand the proper steps to get the job done right:
- You can start by downloading VirtualBox on your Windows PC or laptop. (Link)
- After installing the virtual machine, open it.
- Click once on the New button.
- Set the following value in the new tab.
- Name: Mac OS
- Type: Mac OS X
- Version: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- RAM: select a scale up to 4 GB
- Hard Disk: Check the “Create virtual hard disk now” box.
- Press the Create button.
- Now select the type of hardware VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)
- Under Hard Disk, select Use an existing virtual hard disk file
- Select and upload the macOS file from your PC.
- Wait a moment and let the virtual machine install the macOS image file.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen.
- When you are informed of the successful installation of MacOS, open the Safari browser in VirtualBox.
- Go to the Apple Store and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Use the Apple Store search bar to open Xcode.
- Hit the Download button and wait.
- From there, start using Xcode for Windows OS.
Prominent Features of Xcode for Windows
Xcode includes all the great features you would want in a good SDK. But most of the users are not familiar with these facilities. So I’ll talk about some of the features that will help you get the job done easily.
- Source Editor – This section of this tool allows you to create and edit programming codes. With it, you can easily locate part of a code or even add codes of different colors, so that you can understand it in the future.
- Supported Languages – One cool feature of Xcode is that it supports many programming languages. It supports coding with C, C ++, Java, AppleScript, Ruby, Python, etc. It is therefore beneficial for all beginner and professional level encoders.
- The Compiler – After modifying or creating your code, you can easily preview it at any time. You don’t have to rush to develop all the code, just to preview it. The build process is quite impressive because it takes less time than other IDEs.
- Live Preview – Once you are done creating the full code of an app, you can use the live preview feature. A mobile-like interface begins to appear in the application and begins to function as an emulator. This way, you can determine what your app will look like on a particular iOS device.
- Free Usage – Xcode is developed by a tech giant, so all of its services are free. You are not asked to pay any additional fees while downloading, installing, or even using this SDK. However, you must have an Apple ID to use it (which is also free).
That’s all, thanks for visiting WikiesforPC to Download Xcode on Windows PC & Laptop.