Termux for PC Download Free [Windows 10/8/7/Mac]
Today, I’m going to talk about an amazing app that’s specifically made for the Linux developers and users. Yeah! it’s Termux, which is delivered only officially for mobile devices. So I will help you download & install Termux for PC, free download on Windows 7/8/10 & Mac. Before I take you to such a guide, let’s have a short overview of the app.
Termux for PC: free download on Windows-Mac
One of the easiest ways of downloading Termux for PC is through an Android emulator. You are allowed to use an App Player to help you enjoy an Android-like interface on your computer. And if you are using a top-notch product, you’ll not be asked to complete any complicated configuration process.
The procedure presented below is written while using BlueStacks. Becasue in my opinion, this emulator can support you well in the case of using Termux on your PC. So rather than using any untrusted software, you can try the recommended product. That’ll help you make the most out of your beneficial smartphone app on PC.
- For best cross-platforming results, download BlueStacks on PC. (Link)
- Ensure that your device has 5GB of free disk space and then open the software’s raw file to start the installation process.
- The installation wizard is pretty straightforward, it’s just like installing any Windows or Mac application.
- After you’ve installed the BlueStacks software, launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the emulator according to your requirements.
- From the main interface of the software, launch the Google Play Store.
- Type Termux inside the play store’s search bar and press enter.
- Install the app just like you do on your Android device.
- When the installation is completed, start using Termux for Windows 10/8/7/Mac directly from the play store.
Can I Install Termux for PC Without BlueStacks?
Users do have the option of downloading Termux for PC without BlueStacks. All they have to do is use a different software named Nox App Player. This emulator is also capable of providing good services to users who wish to emulate Android OS on Windows or Mac operating systems. And, it’s also free to use.
What Can Termux Do?
Termux is a Linux-based terminal that allows you to run & test commands respectively. It helps you to run C, Python, NodeJS commands with the help of your Android phone. As for the developers, they can use this app on a rooted device (which is not safe). So for the users who do not know much about the rooting process, they can stick to the stock firmware and access the app safely. The fundamentals of this app are to allow access to the Linux packages.
Variant Linux Add-ons
There are several facilities aka Add-ons available in Termux, some of them are listed below:
- Widget: Run commands from the home interface of your device.
- Task: Access Termux from other apps and tasker.
- Styling: Optimize text colors and styles as you desire.
- Float: Get a draggable terminal to run commands anytime you want to.
- API: Acquire all the available hardware features on Chrome & Android.
- Boot: Execute scripts during the boot process.
Is Termux Good For You?
Termux is developed for both expert and beginner developers. It also helps a user to learn how to start developing programs & software. For the learning part, users can use the pkg_search command. They can enter their query and press enter, that’s it. Then, get the right results to start their programming career. Likely, for the experts, they can access the entire programming world without inconvenience. No blockade is provided to them, thanks to the SSH protocols available within the app. Like to learn more about Termux? Visit wiki.termux.com.