How To Play PS3 & PS4 Games On PC (Windows, Mac)
Sony Inc. presented us with a platform that is hard to ignore. Yes, I am talking about PlayStation. One user always says that he is happy to play Battle Royale games on Android or PC. But you still know in your heart that you can’t compare these games to what you might get on a PS3 or a PS4.
I know it and you know it, so here I have listed various methods to help you play PS3 and PS4 games on PC. It may seem like an elusive goal, but trust me, you will be happy to read my article after you identify the right solutions.
How Do I Play PS3 & PS4 Games On PC?
Your attention is required to recognize the fact that you cannot just install PS3 and PS4 games on PC. Because it is against the rules and your machine will not accept the installation of the PlayStation file format. Basically, you will get the help of third-party software to complete the task.
Way 1: Play PS4 Games on PC through Remote Play
To remove any complications, I want you to recognize that running PS4 games on PC isn’t as easy as you might think. You need a fast computer that meets the requirements for remote reading. If you do not know much about these requirements, please read the following instructions carefully:
- Compatibility: You must have a PC running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. And for Mac users, you must have OS X Yosemite +
- Game controllers: DUALSHOCK 4.
- For connectivity: DUALSHOCK 4 USB wireless adapter or USB cable.
- Bandwidth: 15 Mbps or more.
- RAM: 2 GB or more.
Now that you know all the requirements, let’s start using Remote Play:
- Download and install Remote Play on your Windows or Mac device. (Link)
- After installing the software, run it.
- When prompted, connect your DUALSHOCK 4 gamepads to your PC. (make sure your PS4 and PC are connected with the same WiFi)
- Once you have connected the game controllers, click on the Start button
- Log in with your registered PS4 account.
- If the software can collect your account data, you will be redirected to the home interface.
- Otherwise, you will be prompted to upload your data manually.
- Your job is done, you can now play PS4 games on PC.
Way 2: Get PS Now on PC – Official Sony Product
You will be happy to recognize that Sony Inc. has provided a platform for PlayStation enthusiasts. Its basic purpose is to allow a user to run PS3 and PS4 games on a PC that does not have a PlayStation. So you can do the same by visiting the official website and start accessing the services after creating a PS account.
If you are concerned about the packages, let me introduce you. Yes, there is a 7 day trial period that all account holders can get. But anyone who still wants to stream PlayStation games to PC, then they will be asked to pay £ 29.99 / month or £ 49.99 / year.
- Download PS Now software to your PC.
- Install the software by following the on-screen prompts.
- After its successful installation, it will start up on its own.
- Once you have completed the first boot process, you will be taken to its home instance.
- Now if you have a PS account, enter your account credentials and click Login.
- If you don’t have a PS account, click the Register button. Enter the instructions required to complete the job. You can select a 7 day trial period or become a premium subscriber as you see fit.
- Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 gamepads to your PC.
- Select a game from the list provided.
- Press the Play button to start enjoying PS3/PS4 games on your PC.
Way 3: Downloading PS3 & PS4 Emulators
There are many emulators available in the market. But for playing PS3 and PS4 games on PC, you have very few options. Either way, you don’t have to worry about anything. Because I have the right utility to help you get the job done. I will be using ESX PS3 and PCSX4 PS4 emulators to get the job done. Let’s see how you can start working with them.
ESX PS3 Emulator for playing PS3 games
You can get an ESX PS3 emulator to play PS3 games on PC. But for this, you need to make sure that you have installed Windows 7 or later operating systems on your computer. And also, your system must have 2 GB or more RAM.
And to work with the emulator, you need to log in with an administrator account. Otherwise, everything is quite simple. That is, after starting the software, follow the on-screen instructions to configure. Now load the ISO image files of your PS3 games into the emulator.
PCSX4 PS4 Emulator to Play PS4 Games
PS4 games are a bit heavy compared to PS3 games. So you need a different emulator to do the job. You can get a PCSX4 PS4 emulator for this cause. It works great on Windows 10/8/7 and macOS or later operating systems. And you definitely need more than 4 GB of RAM. But there is one more thing, your computer must have .net framework 3.5 and DirectX 11.1 or higher.
Now that it’s pretty clear that this emulator works on both Windows and Mac machines, but before installing the emulator, make sure you’ve connected the correct game controllers to your PC. Because it detects devices during the boot process.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WikiesforPC to understand How To Play PS3 & PS4 Games On PC.