DuckStation on Windows PC & Mac, 2022 Free Download
This article is presented to help readers download DuckStation on Windows PC and Mac devices. I know that many among us, still prefer to play PlayStation games on PC, that’s why I will introduce you to some methods that can be beneficial in completing such a task. In addition, I will also talk about some of the main services of this application that can be availed on a computer.
What is DuckStation?
DuckStation is a free PlayStation emulator that lets you enjoy your favorite PS 1 games. It’s a free app that allows you to emulate the PS interface on your device, to help you upload PS1 or PSX ROMs. This emulator doesn’t support providing the custom ROMs, so you will have to upload them manually.
A user is required to upload his preffered ROM within the BIOS of the emulator, that’s the only way possible to benefit from this program. But once a game is uploaded, he can start enjoying the game without having to face any lags. However, for a better experience, I would recommend you install it on fast devices, as this emulator may crash while you launch it on a slower device.
How to Upload Games in DuckStation?
Before uploading games in DuckStation, you are required to download the BIOS file (Scph1001.bin). Once the file is downloaded, you can proceed to use the DuckStation emulator on your computer. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Click here to download the BIOS file.
- Extract the downloaded package (use WinZip or WinRAR to extract it).
- Go to the Documents folder and select DuckStaion.
- Navigate to the BIOS folder and paste the Scph1001.bin file into it.
- Relaunch the DuckStation emulator on your computer.
Every user gets two different options for uploading ROMs within DuckStation. So now, I will describe the two methods required to upload PS 1 ROMs in this emulator.
- From the main interface of DuckStation, click on the Start Disc button.
- Browse your computer and select your game’s ISO, BIN, or CUE file format.
- From DuckStation’s menu bar, click on Settings → Game List Settings
- Now, click on the “+Add” button.
- Select a folder where you have listed all your PlayStation 1 ROMs and upload it.
- Thereafter, launch your preffered game directly from the emulator’s interface.
How to Boost Game Performance?
While running an emulator, users are required to find the appropriate way to boost their gaming performance. And if they are using DuckStation to play PlayStation 1 games on their PC, they can claim such a goal directly from the program’s interface. For that, they need to imply the presented steps:
- From the menu bar, click on Settings → Display Settings
- Click on the “Adapter” drop-down menu and choose your video card from the provided list.
How to Upscale Graphics?
It’s quite fascinating that DuckStation allows you to manipulate the graphical scale within the emulator, while you are playing a game. Gladly, users can also enable up to 4K resolution while playing PlayStation games on their PC.
If you are looking for a permanent solution, navigate to Settings Enhancement Settings. From there, change the “Internet Resolution Scale” depending upon your needs. (3x → 720p, 5x → 1080p, and 9x → 4K)
But in case you want to manipulate the graphical scale while playing a game, you can use the ↑ and ↓ arrow keys. The up-arrow keys help in scaling up, whereas the down-arrow keys help in scaling down the resolution scale.
How to Download DuckStation for Mac?
Android and Windows OS users can directly download DuckStation on their devices. Whereas, Mac users are required to consult with an Android emulator to get this job done. They can use the services of Bluestacks App Player to install and use the app on their device.
- Visit the guide to download & install BlueStacks.
- After completing the installation, launch BlueStacks.
- Launch Google Play Store on it and log in using your Google ID.
- Use the play store’s search facility to open DuckStation.
- Click on the Install button and wait for half a minute.
- At last, click on the Open button to launch DuckStation for Mac.
That’s all, thanks for visiting @WikiesforPC to download DuckStation on Windows PC & Mac.